In January 2017, SDSN Youth launched the first edition of the Youth Solutions Report (YSR), which showcases transformative, youth-led initiatives addressing the multiple challenges of sustainable development. The report features 50 solutions, both non-profits and social business ventures, that contribute to SDG achievement in 57 countries. These innovative ideas have the potential to transform communities, but the young people who lead them face challenges such as lack of experience running a business, poor access to investors or venture capital, and age discrimination when seeking partners and funding.
To address these challenges SDSN-Youth, in collaboration with SDSN Global, Babele.co, and Bayer AG, will launch the Youth Investment Readiness Program (IRP) in January, 2018. The 16-week acceleration program will provide young innovators featured in the YSR as well as participants from the Bayer Youth Ag Summit with valuable insights from leading experts in the field, personalized 1-on-1 mentoring, and the opportunity to connect with impact investors. Each week, participants will join one live, online webinar; complete a component of their investment proposition, and receive personal feedback on their materials from an expert in the field.
Volunteers from private corporations, consultancies, and academia will be leading the live webinars and mentoring the participants. We are deeply grateful to the following highly qualified lecturers and mentors for joining the program!
- Fallon Casper, Investment Manager, Incofin Investment Management, covering Investment Proposition
- Fermin Ezquer-Matallana, CEO, Think Creative USA, covering Perceived Challenges and Validation Plan
- Javier Munoz-Blanco Garcia, Sustainable Development Technical Assistant, UNDP Latin America, covering the SDG Framework
- David Hales, Trustee and Chair of Climate Action, Parliament of the World’s Religions, covering Negotiation
- Anna Heijker, Pitch Trainer & Coach, Pitches & Presentations, covering Pitch Training and SDG Storytelling
- Irlana Ho, Independent Consultant & Business Mentor, covering Stakeholders Management and Partners
- Richard Liebrechts, Director, Ripple-A, covering Revenue Model, Pricing and Forecast
- Erin Little, Prospective CEO, 10.10.10, covering Marketing and Sales Strategy
- Blamo Nimle, Executive Director, Sustainable Development Network, Liberia Inc., covering Financial Modeling
- Greg Payne, President, Emerging Market Enterprises LLC, covering Development Strategy and Action Plan
- Giselle Sebag, Freelance Consultant on Global Health and Sustainable Urban Development, covering Key Metrics and SDG Impact Assessment
- Lauren Simonis, Founder, Scratchpad Consulting, covering Definition, Vision, and Theory of Change
- Inna Amesheva, Doctoral Researcher, The University of Hong Kong
- Achenyo Asimegbe, MD/CEO, Stylemark Mall Enterprises
- Jesus Tuto Assad, Managing Partner, Toro Ventures
- Alice Caetano, Masters Student, University of Lisbon
- Patrick Chinguwo, Lawyer, Adrian & Company
- Liz Codling, Consultant, EMC Development Services Ltd.
- Sai Dharani, Independent Socio Sustainability Venturist
- Carolina Duarte, Managing Director/ Executive Producer, Labz – Shortcutz Network
- Yuri Hung, Consultant, Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups
- Jovin Hurry, Core Team Member, NELIS (Next Leaders’ Initiative for Sustainability)
- Emmanuel Igwe, Lecturer, Godswill e-learning and Internet Service Centre
- Roy Jantzen, Professor, Capilano University
- Layal Jebran, CEO, Moubarmij, Inc.
- Swetha Jegannathan, Healthcare Consultant
- Sai Dharani K
- Andrea Kennedy, Founder Fashiondex.com, Adjunct Professor, and Sustainable Fashion Consultant, Fashiondex.com and LIM College
- Amit Kishore, Adjunct Professor & CEO, MICA & Plan B
- Rahul Kumar, President, Green Dream Earth
- Maryam Mkhani, Co-founder and Director, EnSciTech Corp
- Ruth Muhumuza, Student Evaluator, CUNY / Community Impact at Columbia University
- Hari Krishna Nibanupudi, Aid Effectiveness Specialist, UNDP
- Ganesh Subramanian, Professor in ECE /In charge for R&D and Entrepreneurship Development Cell, Panimalar Institute of Technology
- Eva Vati, Chief Sustainability Officer, Ework Group AB
- Kaydrianne Young, Agents of Change Program Lead, SustainUS US Youth for Justice and Sustainable Development