We currently have the following vacancies. You must be available locally in New York / Paris to be considered for position(s).
Manager, FABLE, Paris (Major food and land-use pathways initiative)
Several institutions, including the SDSN, the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), the EAT Foundation, World Resources Institute, Systemiq, the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, and other partners, are launching the Food and Land Use Coalition. The objective of the coalition is to (i) develop long-term pathways global and national “FABLE pathways” (Food, Agriculture, Biodiversity, Land-use, and Energy) towards sustainable food and land-use systems, (ii) promote business solutions; and (iii) undertake geographical “deep dives” to strengthen national policies in support of sustainable food and land-use systems.
SDSN, IIASA, and the EAT Foundation are building a global network of leading knowledge institutions across the FABLE domains and country teams in G20 and other major economies. This FABLE network will develop consistent global and national FABLE pathways to explore how countries can transition towards sustainable land use and food systems. This represents a major technical as well as a process challenge to ensure both technical rigor of the results as well as buy-in from country teams and the constituencies involved in the FABLE pathways.
The SDSN is seeking a dynamic and experienced Manager for the FABLE Initiative based in its Paris office. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with senior colleagues at IIASA and EAT Foundation, the Manager will build and manage a global network of research institutions. He or she will help drive the strategy and analytical work under FABLE. The Manager will manage relationships with key partners.
- Build a global network of FABLE country teams and coordinate input into global and national pathways in collaboration with IIASA and EAT.
- Conduct technical analyses, draft reports, and contribute to the design and drafting of scientific publications.
- Represent FABLE and the Food and Land-Use Coalition at international meetings and conferences.
- Drive fundraising for FABLE and the broader Food and Land-Use Coalition.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Deep understanding of the technical FABLE challenges as well as their policy implications at national, regional, and global levels.
- Proven track-record in building international multi-stakeholder coalitions around shared technical work with strong global network of institutions covering the FABLE dimensions.
- Familiarity with Integrated Assessment models. Formal modelling training is desired but not essential.
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Outstanding, native English oral communication and writing skills. Full proficiency desirable in one or more other languages, notably French, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Advanced degree in economics, natural sciences, engineering, or related discipline.
- The candidate must have the right to work in France.
Salary and Application:
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send CV and cover letter before 15 July, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the reference “Manager, FABLE Initiative”.
Graphic Design Intern, New York
The Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) is seeking a graphic design intern to join our communications team based in New York City. The intern will assist our team in the planning and execution of digital and print projects that leverage design to mainstream sustainable development and promote solutions to the economic, social, and environmental challenges confronting the world.
This intern will be expected to craft original design material as well as update or reposition existing materials for an array of platforms and audiences. While the position will primarily focus on graphic design, a quarter of the time will be spent supporting the communications team with editorial work such as drafting and copyediting for outreach campaigns and social media.
About the SDSN
The SDSN has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the Secretary-General of the United Nations. The SDSN mobilizes research, academia, the private sector and civil society to promote the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and implement the Paris Climate Agreement.
The intern will be involved in the production of the following:
- Print materials (brochures, certificates, event collateral, flyers, research briefs and reports, etc.)
- Digital materials (email blasts and newsletters, social media collateral, presentation decks, websites, etc.)
- Misc design collateral (banners, icons, infographics, logos, etc.)
- Editorial copy (creation and revision)
The ideal candidate is:
- A graphic design or visual communications major (undergrad or graduate), currently enrolled or recently graduated
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Able to manage multiple projects and assignments at the same time
- Flexible in responding to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working as part of a team as well as independently
- Professionally fluent in English with exceptional writing, drafting, and oral communication skills
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS and content management systems like WordPress or Squarespace
- Maintaining social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Experience with the following a plus:
- Visually framing academic or scientific content for public, non-technical audience
- Designing infographics or motion graphics
- Working with project management tools like Dropbox, Trello, and Slack
This internship is a part-full time position with possibility of extension pending funding and performance.
Start Date: August 07, 2017 (or ASAP)
End Date: October 30, 2017 (with possibility of extension)
Hours Per Week: 30
Pay Rate: $18/hour
To ApplyDownload job description for Graphic Design Intern
Candidates interested in the position should send a resume, cover letter, and link to an online portfolio to email@example.com. Please include the position in the subject line.