Institute of Studies on Mediterranean Societies (ISSM), National Research Council of Italy (CNR)
ISSM conducts research focused on the Mediterranean region. The main research fields are:
• analysis of the socio-economic development;
• environmental sustainability and economic growth;
• long-term changes in the management and use of natural resources;
• the Euro-Mediterranean policy and the creation of an area of shared prosperity between the EU and the Mediterranean partner countries;
• economic sectors and technological transfer;
• trade, finance and credit;
• demographic growth and migration flows;
• the role of public and private institutions in the development process;
• urban studies, territorial imbalance and regional policy;
• regional integration and globalisation.
• the historical evolution of the Mediterranean region;
• the interaction among cultures and people.
- Visit Site