The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the Secretary-General of the United Nations. The SDSN mobilizes research, academia, the private sector and civil society to promote the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and implement the Paris Climate Agreement. Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs, Special Advisor to UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, is the Director of the SDSN, and Dr. Guido Schmidt-Traub is the Executive Director.
SDSN Association was set up in March 2014 as an independent 501(c)(3) organization to support the SDSN. The SDSN secretariat has offices in New York and Paris hosted by SDSN Association and SDSN Association Paris, respectively.
The SDSN Association is seeking a dynamic and talented professional to manage the organization’s contracts portfolio and to support the finance and administration team more broadly. This position is based in New York, but will report to the Head of Finance and Administration, based in the SDSN Secretariat Paris office.
The Finance & Contracts Manager will be responsible for:
- Management of the contracting process for Service Providers, Consultants, and Subgrantees for the SDSN Association. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Manage existing templates and update as necessary
- Liaise with the President of the SDSN Association, Head of Finance and Administration, Chief Financial Officer, and Project Managers to develop and finalize agreements
- Manage vendor documents and perform due diligence on all contractors
- Oversee all commitments in the SDSN Association’s financial system (Intacct)
- Monitor contracts from the preparation stage through close-out and review all reporting
- Receive and process invoices
- Identify and troubleshoot areas of improvement in the contracting process and contract management, including, but not limited to: issues arising with subcontractors, problems with reporting, areas of risk, donor requirements that impact contracting, and issues arising out of audits.
- Support financial management for the SDSN Association, including, but not limited to:
- Provide assistance with annual and grant-specific audits
- Approve staff expense reports and invoices according to the chart of approvals
- Interface with the Chief Financial Officer and the Controller to support book keeping
- Support human resources processes for the SDSN Association, including, but not limited to:
- Prepare New York staff offer letters, renewal letters, and salary revision documents
- Prepare and input bi-monthly New York payroll, help manage staff in the payroll system, and prepare payroll allocations
- Manage the effort reporting process in coordination with the Head of Finance and Administration for the entire organization
- Manage staff in the SDSN Association human resources software system (HR Partners), including managing staff leave days
- Other related tasks as requested
- The candidate must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a related field (contracts, grant management, payroll and HR).
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in business administration, management, financial management, or related fields of study.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills.
- Expert use of the Microsoft Office Suite required; experience working in a financial system (Intacct, NetSuite, QuickBooks, etc.) is preferred. Knowledge of Intacct is an added advantage.
- The candidate must be highly organized and process-oriented with an ability to meet agreed deadlines.
- The candidate needs to be professional and resourceful with the ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- The candidate must enjoy working collaboratively in a small team environment across multiple locations.
- Fluency in French is preferred.
- Start Date: September 1, 2019
- Location: This position will be based in New York City, NY
- Contract Length: This appointment is valid for a period of one year, subject to renewal upon review of work performance
- Hours: Full time
- Reporting: This position reports to the Head of Finance and Administration, SDSN
- Salary: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits package
- Travel: This position will not require travel
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to https://sdsn.hrpartner.io/jobs. We will contact only those candidates whose profile meets our requirements. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.