The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General. SDSN mobilizes global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical solutions for sustainable development, including the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement.
SDSN USA launched in December 2018 as a national SDSN network and currently has over 110 member institutions from 41 states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. In summer 2019, SDSN USA will be undertaking a membership drive and launching network-wide initiatives.
The SDSN USA Intern will be expected to work up to 40 hours/week from May/June through August. The intern will be responsible for a variety of tasks to support SDSN USA programs and membership activities, and may include:
- Identifying potential network members and partners;
- Drafting and reviewing communications materials;
- Conducting desk-based research to support SDSN projects, for example on decarbonization localization activities or university-led SDG activities;
- Supporting event planning and coordination for a fall members meeting and other events;
- Mapping US university networks and activities.
Ideally, some activities will be co-developed with the selected candidate that aligns with both the intern’s interests and SDSN USA priorities. This position will report to Caroline Fox, Head of of SDSN USA.
The position is open to graduate students who have completed at least one semester of coursework or undergraduates who have completed at least two years of study, ideally related to sustainable development and/or policy.
- Familiarity with the United States political environment and sustainability concepts;
- Knowledge of and interest in one or more of the following topics: decarbonization, climate change, campus organizing, online learning, U.S. public policy;
- Ability to research broad topics and distill into approachable content;
- Highly organized and responsive;
- Strong English writing and communication skills;
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals and sustainability rating systems a plus.
Duration (dates and total time): June – August 2019, with possibility to extend
Compensation: $15-18/hour depending on experience, up to 40 hours/week
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter with the subject: “Summer Program Internship” to email@example.com, before April 28th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.