Move Humanity Conference
Wealth Taxes, Development Aid, Ending Tax Havens
March 27-28 | Copenhagen, Denmark | Danish Parliament
The Copenhagen-based Human Act Foundation and SDSN, in association with ActionAid Denmark, are putting on the inaugural Move Humanity Conference, to be hosted in Copenhagen at the Danish Parliament by Mr. Peter Hummelgaard (MP) and the multi-party 2030-Network of 65 Danish Parliamentarians. The topic will be on Financing the SDGs, with a focus on the impact and potential for tax policy and development aid.
This conference will aim to set a path for mobilizing new and greater resources for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS), especially for the world’s lowest-income countries. The event will feature leaders from key SDG sectors and address the full spectrum of financing tools relevant for achieving the SDGs, including:
- Strategies to finance the SDGs and reduce inequalities
- Closing the gap in Official Development Assistance (ODA)
- Levying resources from billionaire wealth and other taxes at the national level to finance the SDGs and reduce inequality
- Catalysing large-scale private philanthropy for development in line with national plans and priorities
- Closing tax loopholes for increased Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM)
Draft program available soon.
For more questions on how to register, please email Taylor Smith, Program Associate at email@example.com