The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General. SDSN mobilizes global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical solutions for sustainable development, including the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement.
We aim to accelerate joint learning and promote integrated approaches that address the interconnected economic, social, and environmental challenges confronting the world. The SDSN works closely with United Nations agencies, multilateral financing institutions, the private sector, academia, and civil society.
ABOUT SDG ACADEMY
The SDG Academy is the flagship education initiative of the SDSN, with the mandate of creating and curating the best available online educational content on sustainable development and making it available as a global public good. The Academy brings together the world’s foremost experts on sustainable development, from fields as varied as early childhood development, public health, food systems, and macroeconomics – to offer a comprehensive core curriculum around the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), equipping the next generation of sustainable development practitioners to take on the complex challenges facing our planet. The SDG Academy is hosted by the SDSN Association, a 501(c)3 organization based in New York.
Job Posting Date: September 10, 2018
The SDG Academy is seeking a Communications Intern to develop and manage external-facing communications, including social media, website, and other digital/print communications as needed.
You will play a key role as part of a small team based across New Delhi and New York City that values proactivity and creative thinking to meet our ambitious goals. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our online presence as well as develop marketing schemes for our courses. The position requires 15-20 hours/week and most time will be spent at the SDSN offices located at 475 Riverside Drive, New York, NY (some remote work may be considered). Candidates must have prior legal authorization to work in the U.S. The position runs until December 31, 2018 with possibility of extension pending funding.
- Developing marketing packages for SDG Academy courses (includes 9 self-paced courses and 10-12 instructor-paced courses).
- Implementing marketing packages, which includes posting on social media, drafting newsletter posts/blogs, and circulating promo-kits to the SDSN.
- Creating regular content for social media, including posting and scheduling of posts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Managing community requests and engagement on social media platforms.
- Review and coordinate design and production of print materials (invitations, reports, brochures, flyers, etc.). Team to help develop copy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Some experience in communications.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Knowledge of sustainable development, international affairs, or other relevant content area.
- At least 1-2 semesters of an undergraduate degree program already complete.
- A declared major in international or sustainable development.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample (1-2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Application: Communications Intern”