The 2018 High Level Political Forum (HLPF) will take place in New York from July 9 to 18. HLPF is the official forum to review progress towards the SDGs, and the 2018 HLPF will focus particularly on SDGs 6 (water), 7 (energy), 11 (cities), 12 (consumption & production), 15 (terrestrial ecosystems), and 17 (partnership).
The Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) is thrilled to be hosting or supporting the following side events during the High Level Political Forum. For even more up-to-date information on these events, please see our website. We hope you’ll join us!
Monday, July 9
- Commentary by Professor Jeffrey Sachs, Director of SDSN and Special Advisor to the SG on the SDGs, during the Opening & Scene Setting portion of the HLPF, 9:00 am – 10:00 am, United Nations Conference Room 4. UN Grounds Pass required to attend. See UN TV to view remotely.
- Monitoring Peace, Evaluating Institutions, Building Capacity: A Data-Driven Conversation on SDG 16 and its Upcoming 2019 Review. Please apply to attend via the hyperlink; if you are accepted you will receive full details.
- The role of ICTs in the implementation of the targets in SDG 11, 1:00 pm to 2:45 pm, at the Permanent Mission of Argentina to the United Nations (1 UN Plaza, 25th Floor). RSVP required by July 4th.
- How to Define Poverty With Those Left Furthest Behind, 6:15 pm to 7:30 pm, at the UN Church Center, 777 UN Plaza, 2nd Floor. Please register to attend online by Friday, July 6.
Tuesday, July 10
- Workshop on Realizing the SDGs: Urban Knowledge, Challenges, and Tools, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm at Convene, 730 3rd Avenue (between 45th and 46th), New York, NY 10017. By invitation only, please apply to attend online.
- Secondary cities – Integrated localisation beyond SDG11, 6:30 to 8:00 pm, UN Conference Room 7. Unfortunately special event passes are not being offered for this side event, only those registered for HLPF may attend.
Wednesday, July 11
- Higher Education Sustainability Initiative Global Event, 10 am to 6 pm, morning in Conference Room 5, afternoon in ECOSOC Chamber. Please register by Tuesday, July 3, if you need a UN Grounds Pass.
Thursday, July 12
- Research Partnerships for SDGs in Small Island Developing States (SIDS), 1:15 pm – 2:30 pm, at the SDSN’s Office, 475 Riverside Drive, Suite 530 (5th Floor), New York. RSVP required by Tuesday, July 10. UN Grounds pass is not required, but space is extremely limited.
Friday, July 13
- Strengthening rural-urban linkages for inclusive and resilient societies and healthy ecosystems, 1:15 pm to 2:30 pm, UN Conference Room 12. Unfortunately special event passes are not being offered for this side event, only those registered for HLPF may attend.
Monday, July 16
- Meeting Sustainable Development Commitments in Cities: The Science We Need for the Cities We Want, 10:30 am – 11:45 am, Canada Permanent Mission to the United Nations, 885 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10017. Registration required.
- Partnering on long-term strategies to achieve the SDGs, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, in the Trusteeship Council Chamber of the United Nations. Please register by Wednesday, July 11, if you need a UN Grounds Pass.
- Launch of the 2018 Youth Solutions Report, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, at the Interchurch Center, 475 Riverside Drive (at 119th St), New York NY 10115. RSVP required, UN Grounds pass not required. Livestream available.
Tuesday, July 17
- Launch of the 2018 edition of the SDG Index and Dashboards, 1:15 – 3:00 pm, at the Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations, 871 UN Plaza, New York, NY 10017. By invitation only due to limited capacity. Livestream available.
Wednesday, July 18
- Digital Governance Side Event, 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm, UN Trusteeship Council Chamber. At this time, only UN Grounds Pass holders are able to attend. Registration information coming soon for those not registered to HLPF.