Organization Name: The Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) Association
Position Title: Finance and Operations Manager
Office Location: New York, NY
Effective Date: ASAP, August 1st, 2016
End Date: 1 year with possibility of renewal
Supervisor: Director of Operations, SDSN Association
About The SDSN Association
SDSN Association was created in March 2014 as an independent 501(c)(3) organization to support the mandate of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN). The SDSN was launched in 2012 at the behest of the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon to mobilize research, academia, the private sector and civil society to promote the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Following the adoption of the SDGs in September 2015, the SDSN supports the implementation of the SDGs at local, national, and global scales, and aims to accelerate joint learning and to help overcome the compartmentalization of technical and policy work by promoting integrated approaches to the interconnected economic, social, and environmental challenges confronting the world.
SDSN Association is based in New York. It hosts the SDG Academy (formerly SDSNEDU), its flagship education program, and as of July 1, 2016 will host the SDSN Secretariat with a second office in Paris. Over time additional activities may be added to the portfolio of SDSN Association.
The Finance & Operations Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Maintaining and managing expenditure reporting for the SDSN Association budget
- Drafting and managing contracts and all subcontractor reporting
- Managing daily financial accounting, including, but not limited to:
- Basic bookkeeping and account reconciliation
- Reviewing, approval of payments and expenses, including payroll and benefits
- Issuing, receiving and processing invoices
- Providing assistance with annual and grant-specific audits
- Interfacing with the external accounting firm and external payroll company and management of fringe and staff benefits, workers’ comp, unemployment and other liabilities
- Management and preparation of financial reports for donors, effort reporting, management of grant compliance
- Manage relationships with vendors and conduct basic procurement
- Personnel on-boarding and records maintenance
- Office logistics oversight, including office management, event organization support, inventory maintenance, management of local rental agreements, address and contact management etc.
- Performing any other tasks as requested by the President and/or the Director of Operations of the SDSN Association
- Bachelors degree required, masters preferred
- 4-6 years of financial management experience in a professional setting required
- Professional experience with financial management software (Quickbooks, Xero, etc.) required
- Candidates should be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and a strong team player
- Candidates must have US work authorization that is independent of the employer and
applicable to SDSN Association
- The position is based in New York
- The position is full time
- The position reports to the Director of Operations, SDSN Association
- The position will work closely with the Head of Finance and Administration at the SDSN
- The appointment will be for an initial period of 1 year, renewable for the second year upon performance review
Compensation for this position is competitive and is commensurate with experience. This position is also includes a generous benefits package.
Candidates interested in applying should send a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for (3) professional references to Megan Cassidy, Director of Operations at SDSN Association, at email@example.com. Please be sure to include the title of the position in the subject line of the email. To be considered, all applications must be received no later than July 11, 2016 at 5pm EST.