Solutions Initiative on ICT-enabled Community Health Workers Launched
Across sub-Saharan Africa, community health workers using mobile phones and broadband to access sophisticated medical resources are delivering health care to where it is most needed, among the rural poor. Our Solutions Initiative aims to greatly expand that effort by training, equipping and deploying one million health care workers by the end of 2015, reaching millions of underserved people. More information on this project, announced at the WEF in Davos, can be found on our website.
France Launch of SDSN in Paris, 18 March 2013
The highlight of the France launch of the SDSN will be a panel discussion at Sciences Po on March 18.The event will bring together Pascal Canfin, French Deputy Minister for Development, Jeffrey D. Sachs, Director of the SDSN and The Earth Institute, Columbia University, and Laurence Tubiana, Founder and Director of IDDRI & Co-Chair of the SDSN Leadership Council. Ghassan Salamé, Dean of the Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA), will moderate the discussion entitled Beyond the Millennium Development Goals: Shaping the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
Germany Launch of SDSN in Berlin, 19 March 2013
Together with the German Development Institute (DIE) and the International Chamber of Commerce, the SDSN will hold a launch event in Berlin on March 19. The event will bring together leaders from business, civil society, and government to review lessons from Germany’s energy transition. A panel discussion will feature Horst Köhler, Former President of Germany and Member of the UN High-level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda, Klaus M. Leisinger, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Novartis Foundation for Sustainable Development & Member of the SDSN Leadership Council, Dirk Messner, Director of the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE), and Jeffrey D. Sachs, Director of the SDSN & The Earth Institute, Columbia University.
- France launch of SDSN: Beyond the Millennium Development Goals: Shaping the Post-2015 Development Agenda: Paris, 18 March
- Germany launch of SDSN: New Pathways Towards Global Sustainability: How Can Politics, Business and Science Come Together?: Berlin, 19 March
- Bali meeting of the High-Level Panel: Bali, 24-27 March
- Second meeting of the SDSN Leadership Council: New York, 9-10 April
- Nigeria launch of SDSN: Abuja, early May
- Sweden launch of SDSN: Stockholm, 13 May
- Australia Regional Meeting: Melbourne, 12-13 May
- Mediterranean SDSN Solutions Conference: Siena, 3-5 July
Questions or Comments?
We welcome your questions or comments on our work. Please get in touch with us by writing to the Secretariat.
Executive Director, SDSN